Well, it has been some time since my friend Andrea created a blog for me and I am just now giving it a go!
Wish me luck, I am not a tech-y person!
AUTUMN BANNER ART PROJECT
This is a very simple and beautiful project! Here is what you will need:
- a piece of unprimed canvas, about 8" or so by 22-25" inches or so, ripped not cut
- glass beads (Daniel Smith) or something else that will add texture
- India ink and a twig to draw with
- acrylic paint
- a nice twig and some raffia for hanging
- some Indian corn or some photos of Indian corn
- gesso your piece of canvas
- leave the top 1/3 with just gesso
- and add 1/3 sand
- 1/3 glass beads
- add a little more gesso to a plate, you don't want to dip your brush back into your tub of gesso as you use more gesso to work in the sand and glass beads
- let dry
- using a twig and the India ink, draw the corn onto the banner
- fill in the kernels with yellows, oranges, reds, purples, brown; add color to the stalks
- let dry
- fold over the top edge to make a hem, hot glue
- insert your twig, add raffia, hang and enjoy!
|Greenleaf Way artist, age 6, drawing the Indian corn.|
|Greenleaf Way Artist, age 6.|
|Another Greenleaf Way Artists' Indian Corn!|